You probably visit your bathroom every single day. You take a shower and consider yourself clean. But what cleaning service does your shower door see? Truth be told, cleaning the door is probably the last thing on your mind as you step out of the bathroom and get ready for work. However, sooner or later you will need to clean that part of the room. Thankfully, there are a few quite effective ways to do so:
- Remove buildup – if you are all about banishing soap scum quickly, then mix some distilled vinegar with dish detergent effective at cutting grease. Aim for equal proportions of both. That is one solution that works on pretty much any surface but stone. If your shower area is made of stone, you should steer clear of vinegar, as it could damage the material. Instead, try mixing baking soda with liquid soap to form a paste-like substance. Scrub that onto the glass shower door with a non-scratch sponge. You will be quite happy with the result.
- Citrus power – another way to clean your glass shower door is by using the power of lemon. Cut a lemon in half and dip it in baking soda. Then, rub the glass door with it. That ought to fix the problem right up. Once you are happy with the door, you can rub some lemon oil onto it as well. That way it will repel water so that you no longer have to deal with soap scum, or at least not have to deal with such a problem as often.
- Multitask – as you finish your shower, be sure to do a quick clean of the shower door. As the warm water has already loosened the grime, you don’t need to invest all that much effort. Grab a sponge/foam cleaning pad, and that is it. Doing this immediately after a shower means you don’t need to rely on other cleaning solutions all that much, as the water has already done its job.
- Be a little preventive – one of the best strategies for keeping the bathroom clean is being a little precautionary. Keep a squeegee at hand and be ready to use it on the shower door once you are done in the bathroom. That way hard water deposits will not build up, making your life that much harder later on. A few minutes invested in wiping water from the door can save you an hour of cleaning afterwards.
- Use multifunctional tools – if you are all about extra utility and efficiency, you can use a toothbrush to address the metal frame around the door. A paint scraper can aid you in removing the gunk from where metal meets the glass.
- Make your shower spray – if you want to do less deep cleans, then you should use shower spray on a daily basis. You can make your own by mixing a cup of water, half a cup of vinegar, a little dish soap and a few drops of essential oil of your choice. Just spray the glass after you have used the squeegee and you will find out just how effective this is.
As you can see, you needn’t fear in regards to cleaning service of the shower glass door. You need to follow the described strategies, and all will be fine.
For more information please call: 020 8363 1966.