Knowing how to clean your oven surely is very important. However, it is even more important to know how to clean it most efficiently so as not to stress yourself and spend too much time on this chore.
If your appliance is not a self-cleaning one, you will need to get used to the elbow grease that is an unavoidable part of the process. However, you can ease the process quite a bit if you follow a few proven steps that will get the oven sparkling clean. Here they are:
- Preparation – once you have finished cooking, you cannot get to cleaning immediately. Any oven cleaning service should be performed when the oven has cooled off. Also, make sure that you turn it off. Don some gloves, maybe an apron too. Oven cleaning is among the messiest tasks you can endeavour, so it is best to prepare well for it.
- Remove the oven racks – if you are dealing with interior oven cleaning, you will need to make space for it. In that sense, remove the oven racks. Often they get quite messy too. For this reason, fill the sink with hot water and add some dishwashing detergent. Leave the racks to soak there while you are dealing with the other aspects of the job.
- Pick a cleaning solution – you can go with an eco-friendly approach with baking soda, or you can bust out the heavy artillery and pick a specialised oven cleaner. If you go with the latter, make sure you read the label and take some safety precautions. Ensure the room is well-ventilated and that you are wearing a mask, in case you have allergies. It is a good idea to use a spray nozzle to distribute your cleaner, to reach crevices and corners.
- Let the solution sit – when dealing with a mess in the oven, it is important to remember not to be quick in wiping the solution. You best leave it to sit there for some time and then wipe it off after that. In doing so, you will give it a chance to soften the accumulated gunk, making the cleaning process easier to tackle.
- Deal with the racks in the meantime – as you wait for the cleaning solution to take effect, turn your attention to the racks. The soaking should have made it easy for any grease and spoils to clean with a sponge. Rinse thoroughly and leave them to dry.
- Wipe the oven – back to the oven; it is time to wipe it clean. Follow the manufacturer’s guidelines as described on the label of the product. Take a soft cloth and wipe the interior clean. You may need to repeat step 3 of the process if your oven is particularly dirty.
- Finishing touches – allow enough time for the oven to dry and place back the oven racks. Enjoy a freshly cleaned and sanitised appliance.
As you can see, once you know what steps to follow in the cleaning process, you can accomplish the task of oven cleaning with ease.
Call 020 3322 8936 if you want to know more about our services.