Cleaning the bathroom is not just something you’d do out of necessity. It is a needed investment of time and effort to make the place more relaxing and welcoming. After all, you visit the bathroom every single day, so it only makes sense to focus your home cleaning efforts there.
Unfortunately, it is not a task you can address with the snap of your fingers. There are certain challenges you have to overcome. Following are some of the most common ones and ways to conquer them:
- The shower curtain liner is filthy – instead of tossing the liner, you can easily clean it in the washer. Yes, it may be covered in mildew and dirt, but it is all fixable with a quick spin in the washing machine. Run a gentle cycle with warm water and add half a cup of vinegar to a cup of your everyday laundry detergent to do the job just right. Next, toss it in the drier and set it on the low heat settings for about 20 minutes. The liner will come as good as new.
- There is mildew on the shower curtain – bleach is your best friend in this case. Shower curtains are sometimes tricky to clean, given they are cumbersome and rather big. However, with some bleach, you can efficiently deal with the issue. Mix 4 litres of water (at a warm temperature) with half a cup of bleach. Don some gloves and use a sponge on the problem area. It won’t take long to remove the mildew.
- The faucet is covered in mineral deposits – if the deposits on the faucet are turning into crust, you should try out the white vinegar. Thanks to its acidic properties, it will eat away at the mineral deposits and restore the faucet. Saturate a few paper towels in vinegar and wrap them around the problem area. Leave them for the night and notice how clean the faucet is in the morning.
- The shower doors are scummy – you are surely no fan of cleaning soap scum off of shower doors, as it is a tiring and time-consuming job. What you can use is furniture oil to prevent buildup in the first place. The way it works is by creating a barrier on shower doors to ward off against soap scum. You can also minimise accumulation by wiping the area with a squeegee after each shower. It takes a few minutes only but can save you hours in the long run.
- There is mildew on bathroom grout – when it comes to cleaning grout, you need to be careful. While there are many tips out there stating that vinegar does the job, it is not recommended to use that product. The reason is the acidic properties of vinegar, which can eat away grout. That is why it is best to use bleach and a toothbrush to navigate the narrow area.
Overcoming bathroom cleaning problems may not be easy, but it is doable with the right knowledge. You are now more than prepared to do this.
Of course, you can also look for help with any cleaning task by getting in touch with FastKlean on 020 7470 9235.