Your carpet is an essential investment, which you should protect with appropriate carpet cleaning and maintenance. As time goes by, spot cleaning and vacuuming just won’t cut it. You must consider a different approach if you don’t want to see your carpet a shade darker or looking shabby despite your efforts.
The way to clean your carpets in the best way is to think about a green deep sanitation method. Yes, you might do that, even without having to call on experts, although that is always an option. What you will need is salt, borax and white vinegar, in addition to a rented steam cleaner. Once you’ve got the needed tools, follow these steps:
– Vacuum properly – before you proceed with the other steps of cleaning, you have to first vacuum the carpet. Not just vacuum it like you do each week, but an especially precise and thorough vacuuming. Take your time with the task. Vacuum in more than one direction to ensure that you collect as much debris and dust as possible. The goal in this first step is to remove hair, dust particles and everything that is stuck within the pile of the carpet.
– Mix a paste – what you will have to continue with the deep clean of your carpet is: a quarter cup vinegar, a 1/4 cup salt and a quarter cup borax. Apply the paste to any stains visible on the carpet and any spots you have not treated. Let the paste stay on the carpet stains until it completely dries and vacuum it away.
– Get into steam cleaning action – steam cleaning is probably the most highly-valued rug cleaning method out there. It involves no chemicals in the cleaning process, which is always a big plus. Your carpet will not be left with harmful substances within its fibres and it will still be perfectly cleaned, because the steam works on all the accumulated grime. You do not even need to add shampoo, as hot water alone is enough to loosen and remove all the grime within the fibres. Just check where you can rent the machine from and ensure it is an effective one in order to get the best result out of it.
– Do not overwet the carpet – when utilising a hot water extraction carpet cleaning method, you shouldn’t forget that there’s no need for a lot of water, i.e. you should not use too much. Spend most of your time with the machine to suck the water back up and go over the carpet several times in order to ensure it is as dry as possible.
– Let the carpet dry – the carpet must fully dry before you could utilise it again. Do not even step on it and don’t move furniture before it is completely dry. Open the windows and doors to speed up the whole process.
You are done. The deep cleaning of your carpet has concluded and now you know how to deal with the task like a carpet cleaning pro. Best part of it all is that this method is eco-friendly and completely harmless to the environment.
For more information call please 020 8626 7977.
Copyright @ London Carpet Cleaners