If you have not already cleaned your oven with baking soda, it is wise to do so now. This eco-friendly oven cleaning technique is so good, it’ll leave you very impressed. But don’t be fast to celebrate just yet – you also have to clean the oven racks.
Oven racks often endure regular spills and other such accidents during cooking. If this has been the scenario with your cooker, then you absolutely have to think how to handle the job. Much like your oven, it is not wise to keep racks dirty with grime and food residue, as it could impact cooking in a negative way. Luckily, cleaning the racks shouldn’t be too difficult.
All you really require is a big enough bathtub and some dishwashing solution. The method involves a lot of soaking, which is needed to soften the acquired spoils. The only thing you should keep in mind is that due to soaking, there will be some downtime before you can use rack again. However, if you use the oven that often, then it makes cleaning racks in such a way all the more worth it. Here’s a full list of items you will need and the steps to get racks spotless again.
All you will need:
· Some old towels · Bathtub · Hot water · Liquid and powdered dishwashing solution · Sponge or scrub (non-abrasive)· A number of dry towels The step-by-step procedure:
· Prepare the oven – namely, you have to remove everything you possibly keep stored inside. The oven provides some free storage space, and if you are not beyond utilising it, you’ll have to locate some other place for the items.
· Use towels – in order to protect the bathtub from scratches, it’s best to line it with some old towels. By doing that you don’t need to worry about a thing. Softly place the racks on the towels.
· Add hot water – after that, add hot water to the tub. The racks must be thoroughly submerged.
· Add detergent – you’ll require at least 1/2 cup of dishwashing solution. Measure it out carefully.
You can either use liquid or powdered. As you add the cleaning solution, swish the water around. Then, let the racks soak for the night. · Clean off remains – when it is time, you can visually examine the racks. In case there’s any residual gunk, you can clean it off with a non-abrasive sponge or scrub. This is where you can add a special oven cleaning solution for some extra power against stubborn stains.
· Rinse and dry – when you are finished, rinse the racks completely and let them dry before you insert them back in the oven. That’s when they’re ready to use!
As you can tell, this aspect of oven cleaning is not as tough as you think. Now that you know how to clean oven racks, you won’t have any issues with the task.
For more information call this number: 020 8629 5335.